Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fiber Flowers

I took a little bit longer vacation than I had planned due to a leg injury, but it gave me some time to look around on Pinterest.  I love that site.  I ran across some flowers that were made by a lady in Russia that really caught my attention.  My first thought was "How did she do that?" and then my second thought was, "HELLO, I used to make those flowers out of crochet yarn in the mid 1970's!"  Sometimes it pays to be a horder when it comes to old patterns and instructions.  I have been spending some time making these sweet flowers out of updated fibers that are so popular now for various crochet, doll and scrapbook projects.  Burlap is the also the rage so I'm dragging out my yards of burlap that I bought years ago and I'm getting ready to do some serious sewing.  Don't we have fun??