Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Comfy Chair

I have had my *comfy chair* forever!  The kids have tried to give me a leather recliner and I declined.  About two and a half years ago, our then puppy Sassy Alice, chewed a hole in my chair.  I sew it up, not once but twice.  The third time I decided to leave the hole until she grew out of her chewing stage.

 

Yesterday I restuffed and sewed up my chair as best I could with what was left.  Then I made a sweet Nest pillow to hide the mess.  I love this old chair.  We have been through a lot together. Some old things are just worth keeping...like old friends.




The pillow is made using a painter's canvas dropcloth and a nest graphic from The Graphics Fairy.  I did all of the graphics on my computer in reverse, printed them out, used iron on transfer pen and black permanent marker over the entire image and added some extra details.