Friday, January 23, 2015

It's Hard to Believe...

It's hard to believe that January is almost gone.  I had great plans for this year but I am starting off in extremely slow turtle mode and contributing my lack of enthusiasm to the rainy, cold weather.  We have missed the wintry mix a couple of times already.  I do love snow but we seldom get to see it here in our part of Texas. There is still plenty of time for the Snow Lady to make her appearance before Spring.

Speaking of Spring, for some reason this Cabbage & Apple Salad reminds me of Spring.  It is delicious and easy to put together.  It goes well with meats, fish and sandwiches or by it's self with a big old hunk of cornbread or garlic toast.  This time I used Napa Cabbage but I normally use fresh Green Cabbage.  Give Napa Cabbage a try if you are not familiar with it.  It steams well, has a great taste, makes great soups and some of the leaves look ruffled.

My measurements are not exact.  I just mix until things look and taste good.

About half a head of Napa Cabbage, chopped.
Half of a large unpeeled Apple, chopped into bite size pieces
Large pinch of Sugar
1/2 cup of Miracle Whip or Mayo (I use Miracle Whip)
Generous sprinkling of Celery Seeds
Mix well and chill until the rest of your meal is finished.
Enjoy!