Sunday, January 15, 2017

Design a House Challenge...

In an attempt to start off the new year on a creative note and make time to play in my studio/nest, I joined in a challenge offered by Connie McBride Johnson and Sharon Mitchell, administrators of Cloth Doll Artistry on FaceBook.  For the first challenge of this year we were given a template of a house and invited to design our own house using what ever materials tickled our fancy.

Here is the template...


...and here is what I came up with...



My house is made using an old block of wood, a small piece of tree branch, card board, paper twist, pine cone petals for shingles, Spanish moss and dried potpourri flowers.  It is home to my sweet sleeping needlefelted mouse made of raw wool.



This was a fun project and a great way to get the imagination going again after such a long hiatus. Mouse House is currently in my personal collection.  Do something creative even if it's cooking up something good in the kitchen.  Creating healing and good for the soul.

Until next time...
~E~