Monday, February 6, 2017

The simple things...

In our world of rush, rush, rush and instant this and instant that, constant communication with a phone stuck to your ear all day or glued to FaceBook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, it's nice to find the simple things in life that give us comfort.  I'm all for comfort.  I'm a homebody by choice. We don't own a cell phone any more, by choice.  One of my favorite things to do is sit on the front porch in the swing or in my comfy chair with a mess of green beans to snap.  Weird, I know, but it's comforting and we have a nice fresh veggie with our meal.  It brings back memories when life was lived at a slower pace.  I challenge you to uplug from electronics for a while and find some things in your life that bring you comfort.  It's the simple things that have been lost.  Search your soul and find what matters.  Reconnect to them, be good to yourself and stop to smell the roses.