Thursday, April 12, 2018

I Never Thought...

I never thought that I would ever own a pressure cooker!  As a child, I remember pinto beans being plastered all over the ceiling when Mother's pressure cooker blew up.  From that day forward I never even wanted to be around one, much less cook in one.

Fast forward to the digital age.  I was doing research on another cooking appliance and several references to digital pressure cookers kept popping up.  All with good reviews I might add...and with "safety features!"  My friend Norma has a stove top pressure cooker that she uses all the time, especially for cooking beans.  Thoughts of Grandma's pinto beans with thick juice came to mind so I purchased an Instant Pot Digital Pressure Cooker. 

I love this Instant Pot.  It has changed the way I cook.  I had gotten in the *not liking to cook mode* but this appliance has change my thinking.  Things cooks so quickly and the keep warm feature has it ready when I come in from a tiring day of yard work.  I can't use the excuse of not having time to cook any more.  This pot is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, rice maker, sautee pot, yogurt maker, food warmer.  I even bake cakes and brownies in mine; the perfect size for Poppa and me.  I have not tried my favorite cornbread recipe yet, but I think it will do well.  Did I mention I love this pot! Also want to mention I am not affiliated with Instant Pot.



Until next time...
Happy Cooking and Good Eating!
~E~