Sunday, July 26, 2009

Threads That Bind...

A few weeks ago I did a surname search for a project that I was working on and happened upon Ancestry.com. After finding the information I needed, I decided to type in my dad's name just to see if any thing came up. Much to my surprise, a forum came up with a post from 2006 from someone that was looking for his grandfather. After reading the post, I realized this was the son of my long deceased half brother.


What a joy his son has been to correspond with. I have found out things about my dad's side of the family that I never knew. My grandmother was the great grand daughter of a Texas Cherokee American Indian Chief, Chief John ‘Duwa’li’ Bowles, that died in the last Indian battle in Texas in 1839. Strangely enough, his Historical Marker is only a few miles from our current home. I have often wondered what brought me to this beautiful part of Texas fourteen years ago that feels so much like it has been my home forever. Now I know...the good Lord and the threads that bind...