Sunday, March 9, 2014

First signs of Spring...

I thought Robins were the first signs of Spring but we have had Robins around all Winter!  I was tickled when I looked out my kitchen window a couple of weeks ago and saw the first two or three yellow blooms on my Jonquils. Within a couple of days they were in full bloom. Then I looked out last weekend and they were covered with freezing rain and laying on the ground.  I am happy to report that once the ice thawed, they perked back up like nothing had happened. Amazing!  Another amazing thing is I planted twelve bulbs about three years ago and now they have gone crazy and need to be thinned already.  I think I will get them started around my *little old house* and around the vegetable garden.  A girl can never have too many flowers or craft supplies or pairs of shoes.