Monday, October 17, 2016

Patience...


My dad died when I was very young.  I remember helping him work on cars.  Well, I wasn't much help other than being in the way and getting dirty, but he didn't complain.  I remember he would say, when things are not going right, back off, rest a while, don't think about it so much and try again later, just be patient and it will happen.  All through my life, as long as I can remember, I have tried to encourage others to be patient.  It's what I do.  Being patient has worked for me so far and continues to bring me to the place I need to be at the time. 

Back in early Spring I thought the future was looking very gloomy.  Step by step, over a long period of time, things have become better.  Back off on creating, rest a while and try again later; my dad's words keep ringing in my ears.  The weather is cooling.  My caregiving activities and outside yard duties are getting lighter and I have a wee bit of time to create now.

Years ago I was in hog heaven when I discovered needlefelting as a way to apply hair to my dolls.  I was recently smitten with sleeping mice.  Since I love raw wool, and needlefelting hair on my dolls, why not combine the two and learn the art of needlefelting an item from scratch.  How did they do that has always been the question that leads me on many new adventures.